Monday, October 13, 2014

What and Why? by Kiler Davenport

We say “this is who I am supposed to be”. Who is this we? I look at you and you look at me. What is that we really see? Some see things and believe. Some see objects and energy. What do you see? Was a table supposed to be a table? Could it have been something else? What and why? Is this even possible?

We say this is who we are and this is what we are and this is where we are and I believe that all of those ideas are dead wrong. Can you see this and understand it. We attach ourselves to ideas, concepts, realities, people, attitudes, colors, shapes, sizes, religions, cults, things of useless value and purpose.

We want so bad for others to be like us, talk like us, think like us, walk like us, and feel like us. We try and sell each other so much bull shit. We just can’t leave well enough alone. For one to really grasp this matrix one has to let go of preconceived ideas of the way things work. We must stop always trying to make others in our own image.

We believe that we are somehow special and when we can get our point across that we are good and wise that people will just come over and be like us. This is dangerous and never works to create lasting relationships. I have folks trying to tell me how I should act all the time. It would be better if you would just do it this way or write it that way. I also want folks to listen to me and my experience. We all do this.

It has been my experience that when we just let each other be and respect the way others are then and only then can we succeed in forming lasting relationships. It is so very hard to keep your mouth shut and refrain from correcting those around you. It is even harder to own your own opinions and let others own theirs. For this we must do if we are to grow and mature. If we can all learn to do this we will save ourselves and those around us so much misery, pain and suffering. Now go and be well. Free yourself from the need to control and dominate.

No comments:

Post a Comment