Monday, April 11, 2011

Poison Pushers

Did you hear about so and so going out with so and so? And what about you know who doing you what with you know who over at whatchamacallits?

Are you a gossip, a tale barer, tattletale? Are you the kind of person that can't wait to get home and spill the beans? I hope not, because if you are it would be better that a rope be placed around your neck and you be tossed into the deepest river to float down stream where the garbage ends up.

Our community is full of these poison pushing busy bodies peddling their unproven innuendo in every crack and crevice. Their lies multiply like rats in the sewer. They leave in their wake the dead and broken lives of those who never had a chance to tell the truth.

When I meet someone I think might be a friend, and before I go any further in the relationship. The first thing I do is check out them to see if they gossip. If they do I can cross them off my list. Because if they gossip, tell lies, or make up stories about other people. They will make up stories about me. I would rather run around and associate with drug addicts, drunks, bums, swindlers, and scoundrels, than with gossips. Because people that make up stories about other people or even listen to crap about other people are in my book under the lowest form of life.

If you want to get along with people and make some really good friends; then don't gossip, unless it's to tell the gossiper to put a lid on it and crawl back into the sewer where they came from. If you don't have anything good to say about anyone, then it's better to say nothing at all.

Now I know all of you blabbermouths out there can't wait to go tell someone what I said about such and such, and so and so. But before you go, just remember one thing. Next time they may be talking about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment