Friday, July 13, 2012

*~ On A Bike in The Hill Country~* – By Sophia E. DiGonis

On the back of a Harley headed towards the Texas Hill Country
That is where you will find me.
On the lonely roads to the hills where the wind blow upon my face
And my fiery, wavy, red hair back with the Texas Sun shining on my face
And my eyes stung by the light of day.

The sun kisses my face with a blissful light
Upon my mouth making it warm as I ride into the sunset

On the Back of a Harley headed towards the Texas Hill Country
You will find me watching the hills growingbefore me
As the sun glistens up in the dew of the bluebonnets
The green hills with trees, dancing in the wind

Riding along the winding roads
As the trees tell me stories of the past and the future
Only to embrace the present

The wind blowing intensely brushing my hair
Glistening like fire against the clear current
Becoming one with the colors of the sunset

As the trees encourage the ride upon the hills
And embrace the small valleys

The houses from afar, large and small
Creating scenes of peace and tranquility.
Reflecting the country life with great vigor
The cattle and horses scatter in the scenes…

On the back of a Harley headed towardsThe Texas Hill Country
You will find me there, one with the sunset, one with the winds
Ridding softly on my way home….

to see original posting click on link below:

http://www.brooklynvoice.com/2012/05/19/poem-michelle-kennedy/

No comments:

Post a Comment