Monday, January 31, 2011

Set Me Free

Do you really know me
I really know me
If you only knew me

The one you see is not me
Its only the one I want you to see
Its only the one I pretend to be

Do you think I’m happy trying to be
Who you want me to be
If you only knew, if you could only see
How much more there is of me

It would be nice to know why we
Play this never ending silly game
Sometimes I want to tell you I’m not the cat
For you to tame

Can’t you understand that I a me
And you are you
Trying to control each other
Is something we should never do

Love is free
Not bound and tied
If I told you different
It would be a lie
Open the cage
And let me fly

Deep down inside I’m not the person
You want me to be
So open this cage
And set me free

Don’t box me in
Just be my friend
Neither one of us should have to bend and bend
To blend in


Love me for who I am
And not who you want me to be
I want to know the real you and you me
But that will never happen
Unless we set each other free
We can still be together
But independently

True love cannot be begged,
Borrowed, bought, or sold
It has to slowly grow
From deep down in the soul

It’s based on respect, honor, and trust
Not dominance, jealousy, and control

Let’s learn to live life to the fullest
Let’s take each day one step at a time
Let me be me
And you be you
Just be a friend of mine

No comments:

Post a Comment